[Openstack] ram_allocation_ratio per compute node or per AZ

Antonio Messina antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 09:39:28 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM, mad Engineer <themadengin33r at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>               I would like to know if its possible to set
> "ram_allocation_ratio" per compute node or at least per Availability
> zone.
> I tried setting that per compute nodes,but i get "no hosts found"
> message when allocation ratio reaches default 1.5 .Changing it on
> controller fixes this,but i dont want it to be set globally across all
> AZ.Is it possible?

As far as I know you can set this value only globally or per aggregate.

In case you want to set it per host aggregate you have to enable
AggregateRamFilter. I never tried, but I guess you have to set this
value as an aggregate metadata, using

    nova aggregate-set-metadata <id> ram_allocation_ratio=2

If you test it and it works let us know please, I'm interested too but
didn't have time to test it yet.

.a.

antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
antonio.messina at uzh.ch                     +41 (0)44 635 42 22