[Openstack] Customization of Horizon

David Scott david.scott at cloudscaling.com
Mon Sep 23 17:08:49 UTC 2013

The best way to learn Horizon is to learn Django.  Horizon is a Django
project and Openstack Dashboard is a Django app, so the more you know about
Django itself the better off you are.

Also, don't forget that all the data comes from the OpenStack REST API.
 Horizon uses Python modules that wrap the APIs for the various OpenStack
components (the Django models use these modules, not traditional
object-relational mapping).