[Openstack] Fwd: Making the Hong Kong Summit as inclusive as possible

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Sep 11 13:53:36 UTC 2013

David Mortman wrote:
> Given the recent and ongoing issues with sexism (not to mention racism,
> homophobia and general bigotry) at tech conferences, I recently engaged
> with several folks on twitter about what was being done to make sure
> that the Hong Kong Summit was as inclusive as possible regardless of an
> attendee's age, sex, orientation, race or anything else. I think a good
> place to start would be an official  anti-harassment policy and a
> process for people to report issues to the event organizers who can then
> deal with the issue appropriately. I am happy to help with the drafting
> of both the policy and the process. What do folks think?

FWIW the summit already has a minimal policy and reporting guidelines
(see at the bottom of
http://www.openstack.org/summit/openstack-summit-hong-kong-2013/):

"""
Reminder: Be Excellent

Be excellent to everyone. If you think someone is not being excellent to
you at the OpenStack Summit call <PHONE> or email <EMAIL>.
"""

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)