[Openstack] Help - swift with low IOPS

Jonathan Lu jojokururu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 09:04:21 UTC 2013

Hi,
     If all your requests are PUT, then the expected network bandwidth
should be:
         3000*500/1024*8 = 11718.75Mbps , which means more than 10Gbps

     According to your environment, there are 2 proxies ( giga network?)
and that is far away from the expectation.
     For example, in our production there are also 2 proxies with giga
network bandwith, 5 nodes each with 3T*12. The limit of the performance
is about 600Mbps. We think that hit the bottleneck of the network.
Uploading large objects will consume more network bandwidth and lower
CPU, so 1st step you'd better improve your network to meet your requirement.

Best Regards,
Jonathan Lu