[Openstack] Help - swift with low IOPS

Zhou, Yuan yuan.zhou at intel.com
Thu Sep 5 03:43:21 UTC 2013

Hi Pang,

Would you have a check on the iostat data of  your storage nodes? There seems like to be another bottleneck in the disks.
With 3k tps, assuming there's no bottleneck in the network and CPU part, the IOPS for each disk would be:
3000 * 3(3-replicas) / 50(# of disks) = 180

That's really a heavy load given that the average object size in your application is 500KB. I'd suggest adding more disks to the cluster in addition.

Regards, -yuanz