[Openstack] Error details in Horizon

Shake Chen shake.chen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 03:01:36 UTC 2013

Now as I know have two reason cause the error

1: flavor, the flavor is small than image. so you can change the flavor

2: rdo bug, if you use mutil node, you would found the compute node vm
would show error. the reason is the compute node can not find the neutron.
solve the problem, you need add one iptables rule in control node
http://openstack.redhat.com/forum/discussion/910/havanna-issues-with-multi-node

iptables -I INPUT -s $COMPUTE_NODE_IP/32 -p tcp --dport 9696 -j ACCEPT
service iptables save

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 5:46 AM, Lyle, David <david.lyle at hp.com> wrote:

> The particular case you are asking about is based on an AJAX call in a
> table where the state of the instance is being polled.  The call completes
> successfully and the state of the instance is Error.  In Icehouse, code has
> been merged into Horizon to try and provide some greater error details.
>  The case specifically handled now is NoValidHost, which provides a more
> detailed message as to insufficient space in the selected AZ.  Other errors
> should result in an error message that merely states that the instance
> failed to launch because of an "Unknown" error.  We hope to add detailed
> handling for more error cases.
>
> -David

Shake Chen