[Openstack] Error details in Horizon

Lyle, David david.lyle at hp.com
Thu Nov 21 21:46:31 UTC 2013

The particular case you are asking about is based on an AJAX call in a table where the state of the instance is being polled.  The call completes successfully and the state of the instance is Error.  In Icehouse, code has been merged into Horizon to try and provide some greater error details.  The case specifically handled now is NoValidHost, which provides a more detailed message as to insufficient space in the selected AZ.  Other errors should result in an error message that merely states that the instance failed to launch because of an "Unknown" error.  We hope to add detailed handling for more error cases.

-David