[Openstack] Openstack and xen issues.

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Fri Nov 22 01:31:33 UTC 2013

I am trying to use xen with Ceph and openstack using the devstack package.
I am slowly wacking my way through things and have noticed a few issues.

 1.   openstack expects to be running in a domU and generates error
    messages even if xenapi_check_host is false. I am not sure if this
    causes other side effects. The tests for the local dom0 should be
    completley bypassed if the check is disabled.
 2. Open stack tries to read the xen SRs and checks the default one
    which ends up being the xen local storage and not any other SR. If I
    set the sr_matching_filter = other-config:ceph-sr=true there should
    be a xapi SR.get_all request generated but it looks like it is not
    generated at all. I have tracked the http traffic and no out put is
    generated even though the approprate code is being called.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (905)513-7688
alvin at netvel.net              ||