[Openstack] [DevStack] Using create-stack-user.sh

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 02:28:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Everett Toews
<everett.toews at rackspace.com>wrote:

> I'd like to run DevStack using create-stack-user.sh but am getting an
> error.

[...]

> but having to clone the repo again feels wrong.

Understood, but chicken-v-egg here...

How is create-stack-user.sh intended to be used? Is there a way to use the
> stack user to run stack.sh without permission problems? What is the command
> flow?

Honestly, I don't use it.  I run DevStack in disposable VMs and use either
the default user ('ubuntu' on precise, etc) or my own account if I have one
pre-configured.  Its existance was because someone originally wanted to run
stack.sh as root and we didn't want that.  I extracted that out of stack.sh
so we could just say "Don't Do That" (run stack.sh as root) to side-step a
class of subtle problems like what you are seeing.

> P.S. Is it a bug that create-stack-user.sh doesn't have the user execute
> bit set?

Yes.  Again, I don't use it and never noticed.  Thanks.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com