[Openstack] What version to use for production?

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Thu Dec 5 07:52:35 UTC 2013

> I run grizzly before and it run good , but when havana out, i figured it out that it have some change, and start to
> wondering how to upgrade into it , but it fail to upgrade , lucky it just on development test.
> So, where can i found resource or how to step procedure to upgrade  into the latest release?

We did not use any upgrade documentation so cannot help you there.
We immediately upgraded our dev environment when Havana was released and figured out ourselves what needed to be fixed.
Mostly adding a few things to the config files.
Most memorable thing were issues we had with the db-upgrade script.
There were a few constraints with the wrong names (due to the database being an upgrade from Folsom)
I saw a bugreport with this so it probably is fixed already.
We just renamed the constraints in the db so the migration script worked.

I think these upgrades are a good moment to test your knowledge / troubleshooting skills on dev ;)
Usually checking what happens in the logfiles gives you enough information on where to look.

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen