[Openstack] Openstack in centos and Xen sever- Single node setup

Christopher Lefelhocz christopher.lefelhoc at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Aug 28 03:53:41 UTC 2013

To Bob's point, I was able to follow these instructions in the past week and successfully get XenServer 6.2 up and running.  The only caution I would give is that buried in there is a link to "XenServer and DevStack".  While it does build a working running devstack, the branch of nova is not the master.  When I ran the unit testing on the branch many unit tests failed.  It's a relatively easy fix to move to the master, which to this point has not had any issues for me (though my testing has been limited).

Christopher

From: Bob Ball <bob.ball at citrix.com<mailto:bob.ball at citrix.com>>
Date: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:33 AM
To: SriHarish Ramesh <eie.harish at gmail.com<mailto:eie.harish at gmail.com>>, "openstack at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Openstack in centos and Xen sever- Single node setup

The guide for setting up OpenStack with XenServer is at http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/introduction-to-xen.html.

I would personally recommend using XenServer 6.2 as that is fully open source and includes features such as the live storage migration in the free version.  XenServer 5.6 is now very dated.

The “No host is available” is simply a message that says the controller node has not been set up properly – although it’s not clear from your nova.conf snippet why that is.  You’ll need to check the output produced by Nova to see what the error in connecting was.  It might be to do with network setup, or the username/password details.

Unfortunately I don’t have experience of RDO but I would hope that the nova output is redirected to a log file, possibly in /var/log.

Thanks,

Bob