[Openstack] VM Instance NOT able to get IP

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Tue Sep 18 11:31:20 UTC 2012

Hi Lingala,

the dhcp agent currently only works with dnsmasq. Even if this explain why
you do not see dhcpd, we still need to investigate why dnsmasq is not
running.
>From your description, it seems that this is the root cause of your issue.

If no dnsmasq instance is seen on the node where dhcp-agent is running, and
there are subnets defined in quantum, please check the following:
- dhcp_enable is set to True for configured subnets
- the dhcp agent successfully connects to the quantum server for retrieving
state information. If this does not happen, error should appear in the
logs. (for instance, rabbit mq auth errors);

Regards,
Salvatore