[Openstack] VM Instance NOT able to get IP

Srikanth Kumar Lingala srikanthkumar.lingala at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 10:23:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm using Folsom Testing Packages on Ubuntu 12.04.,  Quantum V2 with OVS
Plugin & Agent running.

I created a network with subnet 10.10.0.0/24. I wanted to create an
instance with the created network.

I am trying to create that instance in the same Controller Node.

The following services are up and running.

1.quantum-server

2.quantum-plugin-openvswitch-agent

3.quantum-dhcp-agent

4.nova-api

5.nova-compute

6.nova-cert

7.nova-consoleauth

8.nova-scheduler

9.novnc

The thing is, I am able to create an instance and running. I am able to see
the IP in the ‘Horizon’ which is getting it from Database. But, I am not
able to see that IP, when I VNC to that machine and execute ‘ifconfig’.

When I check the processes running, I am not able to see any 'dnsmasq' and
‘dhcpd’ running with the mentioned subnet.

Can anyone please guide me?

Regards,

Srikanth.