[Openstack] [Q] What is MaaS?

Mikyung Kang mkkang at isi.edu
Thu Sep 13 19:34:24 UTC 2012

Hi Frans,

If you're interested in bare-metal cloud, not MaaS specifically,
we(USC/ISI and NTT docomo) want to introduce our bare-metal stuff also. :)

http://wiki.openstack.org/GeneralBareMetalProvisioningFramework
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/general-bare-metal-provisioning-framework

- Non-PXE support (Tilera+PDU): nova/virt/baremetal
- General bare-metal framework including PXE+IPMI support: review pending (will be resumed in early Grizzly, maybe next week)
- Working branch: https://github.com/NTTdocomo-openstack/nova/tree/multinode (reference: nova/virt/baremetal/doc/*)(final debugging)

Thanks,
Mikyung