[Openstack] [Q] What is MaaS?

Frans Thamura frans at meruvian.org
Thu Sep 13 21:34:26 UTC 2012

hi kevin and mikyung

i must learn all :) to educate the member which i try to develop it
(openstack-id).

and now try to link openstack to education, start with our PaaS
initiative under JENI (JAva Education).

the basic idea of baremetal is to boot using PXE,

any idea recommended hardware to start this baremetal testing?

Frans

On 9/14/12, Mikyung Kang <mkkang at isi.edu> wrote:
> Hi Frans,
>
> If you're interested in bare-metal cloud, not MaaS specifically,
> we(USC/ISI and NTT docomo) want to introduce our bare-metal stuff also. :)
>
> http://wiki.openstack.org/GeneralBareMetalProvisioningFramework
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/general-bare-metal-provisioning-framework
>
> - Non-PXE support (Tilera+PDU): nova/virt/baremetal
> - General bare-metal framework including PXE+IPMI support: review pending
> (will be resumed in early Grizzly, maybe next week)
> - Working branch: https://github.com/NTTdocomo-openstack/nova/tree/multinode
> (reference: nova/virt/baremetal/doc/*)(final debugging)
>
> Thanks,
> Mikyung

Frans Thamura (曽志胜)
Shadow Master and Lead Investor
Meruvian.
Integrated Hypermedia Java Solution Provider.

Mobile: +628557888699
Blog: http://blogs.mervpolis.com/roller/flatburger (id)

FB: http://www.facebook.com/meruvian
TW: http://www.twitter.com/meruvian / @meruvian
Website: http://www.meruvian.org

"We grow because we share the same belief."