[Openstack] Quantum OVS Agent as service

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Wed Oct 17 16:43:50 UTC 2012

It sounds like your config file is saying that you have an OVS bridge
named "br-eth1", but it looks like you do not.

Did you intend to do this, or is this a config copied from somewhere else?

If you actually intended to use VLANs that send traffic out eth1, you
can do the following:

# create bridge
ovs-vsctl add-br br-eth1

# add eth1 as a port on this bridge
ovs-vsctl add-port br-eth1 eth1

dan

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 1:53 AM, Srikanth Kumar Lingala
<srikanthkumar.lingala at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> If we run Quantum OVS Agent as a service ... 'service
> quantum-plugin-openvswitch-agent start', it is unable to start the agent. It
> is throwing the following error to '/var/log/quantum/agent-ovs.log'
>
> Stderr: 'Device "br-eth1" does not exist.\n'
> 2012-10-16 12:48:10    ERROR
> [quantum.plugins.openvswitch.agent.ovs_quantum_agent] Bridge br-eth1 for
> physical network default does not exist
>
> if we run the agent manually like the following command, it is able to
> start:
>
> /usr/bin/quantum-openvswitch-agent --
> --config-file=/etc/quantum/plugins/openvswitch/ovs_quantum_plugin.ini
> --log-file=/var/log/quantum/agent-ovs.log
> --config-file=/etc/quantum/quantum.conf
>
> Please suggest.
> --
> ----