[Openstack] Quantum OVS Agent as service

Srikanth Kumar Lingala srikanthkumar.lingala at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 08:53:58 UTC 2012

Hi all,
If we run Quantum OVS Agent as a service ... '*service
quantum-plugin-openvswitch-agent start*', it is unable to start the agent.
It is throwing the following error to '/var/log/quantum/agent-ovs.log'

*Stderr: 'Device "br-eth1" does not exist.\n'*
*2012-10-16 12:48:10    ERROR
[quantum.plugins.openvswitch.agent.ovs_quantum_agent] Bridge br-eth1 for
physical network default does not exist*
*
*
if we run the agent manually like the following command, it is able to
start:

*/usr/bin/quantum-openvswitch-agent --
--config-file=/etc/quantum/plugins/openvswitch/ovs_quantum_plugin.ini
--log-file=/var/log/quantum/agent-ovs.log
--config-file=/etc/quantum/quantum.conf*

Please suggest.
--
----
Srikanth.