[Openstack] Performance metrics

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Wed Jun 20 13:25:15 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Neelakantam Gaddam
<neelugaddam at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to do performance analysis on top of
> [openstack,Qauntum,openvswitch] setup. I am interested in the following
> metrics.
>
> VM life cycle (creation, deletion, boot..,etc)
> VM Migration
> Quantum (network, port creation/deletion..,etc)
>
> Are there any performance metric tools/scripts available in openstack ?
> If not, how can I do the performance analysis of the above metrics on
> openstack quantum setup ? Please help me regarding performance metrics.
>
> I want to know details of the biggest deployment with
> [openstack,Qauntum,openvswitch] setup interms of number of tenant networks,
> number of compute nodes, number of VMs per tenant.

Most of the folks I know using Quantum are commercial companies, and I
suspect they may consider information about their current cloud scale to be
proprietary.

However, perhaps someone else on the list would be able to volunteer some
info on this.

Dan

> Thanks in advance.
>
> --