[Openstack] Performance metrics

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Jun 20 13:54:39 UTC 2012

Hi

That's been my focus for a while now. We're using Tach to instrument openstack, quantum, glance and a bunch of other components.

https://github.com/ohthree/tach

Also, there's StackTach which will consume the notifications and give you a real-time display of what's happening in the system (as well as giving you a db of events you can query vs. parsing logfiles).

https://github.com/rackspace/stacktach

And, I recently submitted a patch to novaclient which adds a --timings option to see how long each API request takes.

(and this review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/8672/ will add novaclient token caching for a slight speedup)

Hope it helps!
-Sandy

________________________________
From: openstack-bounces+sandy.walsh=rackspace.com at lists.launchpad.net [openstack-bounces+sandy.walsh=rackspace.com at lists.launchpad.net] on behalf of Neelakantam Gaddam [neelugaddam at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:56 AM
To: openstack at lists.launchpad.net
Subject: [Openstack] Performance metrics

Hi All,

I want to do performance analysis on top of [openstack,Qauntum,openvswitch] setup. I am interested in the following metrics.

VM life cycle (creation, deletion, boot..,etc)
VM Migration
Quantum (network, port creation/deletion..,etc)

Are there any performance metric tools/scripts available in openstack ?
If not, how can I do the performance analysis of the above metrics on openstack quantum setup ? Please help me regarding performance metrics.

I want to know details of the biggest deployment with [openstack,Qauntum,openvswitch] setup interms of number of tenant networks, number of compute nodes, number of VMs per tenant.

Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks & Regards
Neelakantam Gaddam