[Openstack] Default reply to behavior for mailing list

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Tue Jul 31 19:40:09 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com>wrote:

> This discussion invariably turns up on most open source mailing lists
> from time to time. People never agree on the "best" setting. Asking
> for this reply-to setting to be changed is merely shifting the pain
> away from one set of users (which includes you) onto other set of
> users (which includes me). There's no net gain here. Just shifting
> the pain.  As such IMHO we should leave it as it is.

I have to disagree. Defaulting to reply-all does provide at least one
major benefit: More conversations end up occurring in public, this means
more open communication and larger archives of discussions and problems +
solutions.

The mailing list is after all a community resource. Your and my personal
preferences come second to that IMHO.

Obviously a +1 from me for the change.

Thanks,
Kiall