[Openstack] [nova] [cinder] Nova-volume vs. Cinder in Folsom

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Jul 12 22:38:04 UTC 2012

[launchpad is slow at delivering messages to the list. Please everybody
keep it in mind and slow down your replies too to give people the chance
to comment, too.]

On 07/12/2012 12:47 PM, Matt Joyce wrote:
> Yes we maintain v2 api compatibility but there will be a cost to users
> in the confusion of decisions like this.

Any change has costs, all decisions are the result of compromises. I'm
sure you all know this, it's a fact of life. We can't change that fact
but we can change how we get to an agreement of what compromise is
acceptable.

>From what I understand, some people are regretting the decision to
create cinder. We should start from the beginning then:

  How many people regret the decision to start cinder?

  Where were you when the decision was taken?

  What prevented you to speak up then?

I'd appreciate your answers to these questions and your suggestions on
how to modify the decision-making process (if you think it's broken).

thanks,
stef