[Openstack] Vlanned networking setup

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 17:35:22 UTC 2012

There is no need for nova to create the vlans, you could use flatdhcp and manually create the vlans and specify the vlans when you create your networks:

nova-manage network-create --bridge br0101 --bridge_interface eth0.101
nova-manage network-create --bridge br1101 --bridge_interface eth1.101

Note that exposing two networks to the guest can be tricky, so most people just use the the first bridge and do the public addresses with floating ips:

nova-manage floating-create --ip_range <ip_range> --interface eth1.101

(no bridge is needed in this case)

Vish