[Openstack] Vlanned networking setup

Andrew Holway a.holway at syseleven.de
Thu Dec 20 22:24:40 UTC 2012

Hi Vish,

Manually creating vlans would be quite tiresome if you are using a vlan per project and I'm not sure flatdhcp is good for serious use in multi tenanted production environments. (thoughts?)

I tested the vlan manager functionality and this is *really* great for when you want to keep a customer on its own logical network with its own subnet but if you want to have a instance on more than one network your seem kinda screwed. This starts to be a problem when you think about DMZ's and proxys and stuff.

Thanks,

Andrew