[Openstack] Vlanned networking setup

Andrew Holway a.holway at syseleven.de
Thu Dec 20 14:56:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am thinking about the following network setup:

                    +-------------------------+
                    |       vlan101(eth0)     |
                    +-------------------------+
                    +-------------------------+
                    |          br0101         |
                    +-------------------------+
                        |        |         |
                    +------+ +-------+ +------+
                    |      | |       | |      |
                    |  vm  | |  vm   | |  vm  |
                    |      | |       | |      |
                    +------+ +-------+ +------+
                        |        |         |
                    |          br1101         |
                    |       vlan101(eth1)     |

Basically public IP addresses will go over eth1 and private stuff over eth0. This would mean that openstack would have to create two vlans and two bridges. Is this possible?

"please create this vlanned network on eth0 (10.141) and create this other one(10.142) on eth1"

Thanks,

Andrew