[Openstack] Integrating new Dashboard with Cactus Nova setup

Carlo Impagliazzo truijllo at crs4.it
Tue Sep 13 10:08:16 UTC 2011

Alle martedì 13 settembre 2011, Rasika Karunathilaka ha scritto:
> Hi Team,
>     I have successfully configured Openstack Nova Cactus release on Ubuntu
> 11.04 and it is working fine on my two node cluster. However I would like
> to integrate latest dashboard into Cactus nova deployment and get rich
> features of the new dashboard.
>    I have already downloaded source of keystone and dashboard and
> configured them so that I could login to dashboard. However my existing
> nova instance is not correctly associated with new dashboard. Therefore all
> the link inside my new dashboard display error messages as
>
> "Unable to get usage info:invalid service catalog service: nova"
> "Unable to retreive image infor from glance: Invalid service catalog
> service: glance (HTTP 404)
>
> Could you please direct me towards documentation to correct the above? or
> Highly appreciate your help to resolve this.
>
> Cheers!
> Rasika Karunathilaka

Hi
I'm not the maintainer of my answer could not be considered *official*.

I think you couldn't do this,  because since the Cactus release a lot of
things were improved, inserted, renamed, featured, so you risk to spend a lot
of time debugging and patching incompatible versions.

Next nova release is very close so...it could be worthable to wait this major
milestone and try the latest dashboard on it.

just my 2 cents :)
Carlo