[Openstack] All instances cannot be started and how to update nova, glance from older to the latest version

mao weijie mwjpiero at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:39:11 UTC 2011

Today I git pull the latest nova,glance, keystone and novaclient. Then I reinstall them in my production.But I found it cannot work fine with older version about one week ago. I use nova-manage db sync.
Now I have some questions:

1. glance now use like md5 result as id not single number in glance db. when I use glance command, it always show error.
If I need to use the latest version, how can I convert it?

2. in nova db, instances table, I used to set "host" field the nodes hostname, now the latest version, If it is exists, error will show about " fixed_ref["instance_id"]["host"], then nova-network cannot running.

3.I use "sudo python setup.py install" each software. Then I kill all the processes about nova. and restart them. But libvirt show like "Domain not found …… instance xxxxxxxxx". Then all my instances cannot be started and I have to delete them. Why it happen?

The important thing I want to know is that if I use git install nova, glance, keystone, how to update them safely?

Thanks all.

非淡泊無以明志,非寧靜無以致遠