[Openstack] [NetStack] Quantum Service API extension proposal

Ram Durairaj (radurair) radurair at cisco.com
Sat May 21 18:51:48 UTC 2011

Hi Dan:

As far as I remember, In Design summit, we've agreed to expose "extra"
attributes for Virtual networks and any other vendor specific features
using "API-Extensions" and possibly thru existing Openstack extension
mechanisms. Don't recall that we've concluded on Jorge's proposal.

Also I think it's better to follow a consistent model across the
Openstack , provided the current Jorge's proposal is generic enough and
flexible enough for what we are trying to do in our NetStack side. I
think we should take a look at Jorge's and Ying model and as a team we
decide.

As I informed our Netstack team during our Design Summit, absolutely. we
can take up the API extensions and Sure, Ying can lead and help develop
the workstream and the related code contributions as part of overall
Quantum. I'll let Ying add more here .

Thanks

Ram