[Openstack] Nova Subteam Changes

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 08:31:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-12-06 at 19:54 -0800, Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> The Nova subteams have now been active for a month and a half.  Some
> things are going very well, and others could use a little improvement.
> To keep things moving forward, I'd like to make the following changes:
>
> 1) Weekly meeting for team leads. [..]
>
> 2) Closing down the team mailinglists. [..]
>
> 3) Closing teams. Some of the teams haven't really started having much
> activity. [..]

Sounds good to me. In future, perhaps new teams should only be formed
when there are two or more people actively working on stuff and need to
co-ordinate?

It was a little troubling at the summit that some discussions ended with
agreement to start a team, but no obvious sense that anyone was going to
step up and actively do the work.

Cheers,
Mark.