[Openstack] Nova Subteam Changes

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Dec 7 10:51:38 UTC 2011

Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:

> 2) *Closing down the team mailinglists.*  Some of the lists have been a
> bit active, but I think the approach that soren has been using of
> sending messages to the regular list with a team [header] is a better
> approach. Examples:
> [db] Should we use zookeeper?
> [scaling] Plans for bursting
> I realize that this will lead to a little more noise on some of the
> channels, but I think it makes sure that we don't isolate knowledge too much

Could we have a standardized list of headers ? Those would double as
tags for Nova bugs, so the "scaling" team could see a list of bugs in
their area by searching for the "scaling" tag.

> 3) *Closing teams.* Some of the teams haven't really started having much
> activity.  I'm going to move these teams into a WANTED section on the
> teams page here:
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Teams
> For now, people can just discuss stuff on the main mailing list, but we
> won't target blueprints to those teams specifically. We can make the
> teams official again once they have some activity and a clear person to
> be responsible for running them.  Please keep in mind that I'm not
> saying that this stuff isn't important, just that there is no need to
> separate out if there isn't a lot of activity.
> Specifically the teams which haven't really been very active are:
>
>  1. Nova Upgrades Team <http://wiki.openstack.org/Teams#Nova_Upgrades_Team>
>  2. Nova Auth Team <http://wiki.openstack.org/Teams#Nova_Auth_Team>
>  3. Nova Security Improvements Team
>     <http://wiki.openstack.org/Teams#Nova_Security_Improvements_Team>

Agreed, so far it's mostly been individual efforts, nothing coordinated.

>  4. Nova Operational Support Team
>     <http://wiki.openstack.org/Teams#Nova_Operational_Support_Team>
>  5. Nova EC2 API Team <http://wiki.openstack.org/Teams#Nova_EC2_API_Team>
>
> I"m going to leave the ec2 team for now, because it is relatively new.
>  If anyone feels that the other teams above should not be folded back
> in, please let me know.

The EC2 team has been meeting a few times already, and started triaging
and working on EC2 bugs. I think it belongs to the active category :)

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack