[openstack-tc] Designated Sections Clarification from last meeting

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Wed Aug 6 15:20:05 UTC 2014

TC,

I'd like to clarify my question at the tail of yesterday's meeting and make sure that DefCore understands the TC's intent.

My understanding was that the TC, based on Mark Mc's recommendation, asked the Board to take over the definition and approval of designated sections.  The TC's position is that the integrated release is a complete entity and it is a commercial function (aka Board responsibility) to decide which parts could be considered optional.

DefCore is in the process of updating the DS principles and working on a strawman for community review.  I'm planning to request a special DefCore/TC join meeting to get your input on that strawman.

We also agreed that the integrated release is the maximum extent that could be considered for DS and the Board cannot require components outside of that.

Please let me know if we misunderstood the TC's direction.

Thanks,

Rob
Rob Hirschfeld
Sr. Distinguished Cloud Solution Architect
Dell | Cloud Edge, Data Center Solutions
cell +1 512 909-7219 blog robhirschfeld.com, twitter @zehicle
Please note, I am based in the CENTRAL (-6) time zone