[Openstack-sigs] [First Contact][SIG] [PTG] Summary of Discussions

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Mar 16 13:29:13 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-16 12:07:35 +0800 (+0800), Zhipeng Huang wrote:
> I think non-eng mailing-list will not be utilized as we intent it
> to, the same thing happens with non-eng irc channel as well. I
> would suggest just pick a tool that people in the specific area
> enjoys using, for example wechat in China, Line/Slack in Japan,
> etc.
[...]

It would be unfortunate to recommend closed/proprietary services to
new contributors, as that sets a very negative first impression of
our community's priorities. However, I suppose any opportunity to
communicate is an opportunity to help introduce them to free and
open alternatives to those commercial walled gardens.
--
Jeremy Stanley