[Openstack-sigs] [First Contact][SIG] [PTG] Summary of Discussions

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 04:07:35 UTC 2018

Hi Jeremy,

I think non-eng mailing-list will not be utilized as we intent it to, the
same thing happens with non-eng irc channel as well. I would suggest just
pick a tool that people in the specific area enjoys using, for example
wechat in China, Line/Slack in Japan, etc.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 8:58 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2018-03-15 08:37:35 +0800 (+0800), Zhipeng Huang wrote:
> [...]
> > For communciation tools, per irc  I agree converge to #openstack-dev is
> > better than maintaining some independent channels. But also from my
> > experience video conf in native lang is more effective.
> [...]
>
> Any ideas on whether we should suggest that people who are finding
> English challenging try to reach out on one of our language-specific
> mailing lists for a language in which they are more fluent (and then
> perhaps arrange there for a video conference with another
> contributor who can help them if that's more convenient)?
> --
> Jeremy Stanley

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Product Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado