[openstack-qa] RFC: moving discussions to -dev channels?

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at au1.ibm.com
Tue Jul 16 02:53:56 UTC 2013

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 22:20:57 +1000
Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:
> On 15/07/13 22:15, Sean Dague wrote:
> > I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this. I realize -dev is
> > a lot of email, so it's something I'd like folks views on.
>

> Side note: It's my understanding that you can get more or less the
> same experience as a separate mailing list on -dev, by using mailman
> topic filters. In essence - if I haven't got this wrong -  there's a
> way to move back without having to suffer the entire spam of -dev, by
> always tagging your mail with [qa] if you set this up in your
> personal mailman settings. This might be beside the point based on
> the reasons for this discussion, but just felt like pointing it out
> in case it was desirable for some :)

The main problem I have with the volume on openstack-dev is that there
are many messages which are not tagged which makes effective filtering
a bit tricky.

Overall I'd be happy for the list to move over to openstack-dev, its
too bad there's no way of enforcing at least one tag on a message (even
if it was just an [all] tag.

Regards,

Chris