[openstack-qa] RFC: moving discussions to -dev channels?

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Mon Jul 15 12:20:57 UTC 2013

On 15/07/13 22:15, Sean Dague wrote:
> I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this. I realize -dev is a
> lot of email, so it's something I'd like folks views on.

Side note: It's my understanding that you can get more or less the same
experience as a separate mailing list on -dev, by using mailman topic
filters. In essence - if I haven't got this wrong -  there's a way to
move back without having to suffer the entire spam of -dev, by always
tagging your mail with [qa] if you set this up in your personal mailman
settings. This might be beside the point based on the reasons for this
discussion, but just felt like pointing it out in case it was desirable
for some :)

"""
The topic filter categorizes each incoming email message according to
regular expression filters you specify below. If the message's Subject:
or Keywords: header contains a match against a topic filter, the message
is logically placed into a topic bucket. Each user can then choose to
only receive messages from the mailing list for a particular topic
bucket (or buckets). Any message not categorized in a topic bucket
registered with the user is not delivered to the list. Note that this
feature only works with regular delivery, not digest delivery.
"""

Regards,

Tom