[openstack-qa] RFC: moving discussions to -dev channels?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Jul 15 12:15:19 UTC 2013

So one of the things that I've been thinking about recently is the fact
that we've separated ourselves out a bit by having our own IRC channel
and mailing list. In some ways that's useful, as the content on both of
those channels is very focused.

However in other ways that's less useful, because we don't have the
engagement of the core devs on other projects unless we go and fish for
it explicitly. A lot of tempest / grenade changes at this point need
coordination with projects because we are tracking behavior changes
upstream, or getting into more niggly versions of the interpretation of
the API.

My current thinking is maybe it's time to deprecate the mailing list and
drive our conversations back on the openstack-dev list instead. My hope
is that it would also make us more discoverable as a group, and get more
folks involved with the overall QA Program.

I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this. I realize -dev is a
lot of email, so it's something I'd like folks views on.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net