[Openstack-operators] nova mitaka->newton online_data_migrations

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 07:34:38 UTC 2017

Hello there,

before doing the upgrade, when still in Mitaka (tag 13.1.3), I am
running the folllwing command:

nova-manage db online_data_migrations

I get this output:

Option "verbose" from group "DEFAULT" is deprecated for removal.  Its
value may be silently ignored in the future.
Option "notification_topics" from group "DEFAULT" is deprecated. Use
option "topics" from group "oslo_messaging_notifications".
Running batches of 50 until complete

I always get the same output.
 I also tried :
nova-manage db online_data_migrations --max-count 5000

In this case I only get the warnings about the option without 'Running
batches of 50 until complete'.

When I do not use max-count I will always get 'Running batches of 50
until complete'.

How do I understand when all the online_data_migrations are done ?

I never get anything printed like 'all done'.

thank you

Saverio