[Openstack-operators] [openstack-operators] Dynamically Determine Rabbit Transport URL?

Matt Fischer matt at mattfischer.com
Mon Feb 6 23:17:22 UTC 2017

You would know all this at install time as that's when this would be
determined. If that information is not available to you currently, you can
look at some other service's config files I suppose. You'll need enough
rabbit creds to create a Congress rabbit user unless you are just going to
re-use another service's info. Rabbit itself does have an API to pull
users/etc but you'd need to know the URL and port to even get that far.

An analogy here is "how do I set the mysql info", well you'd to decide that
and know it during service install. You wouldn't have a way afterwards to
ask mysql what the person who installed it was thinking.

Hope that makes sense.