[Openstack-operators] [openstack-operators] Dynamically Determine Rabbit Transport URL?

Aimee Ukasick aimeeu.opensource at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 21:40:37 UTC 2017

Hi everyone - I'm relatively new to OpenStac and am working on a bash
script to install OpenStack Congress. I'm having trouble finding CLI or
API commands to determine the Rabbit userID, password, host, and port
from a running OpenStack installation so I can configure the Rabbit
transport_url in the Congress configuration file.

transport_url = rabbit://$RABBIT_USERID:$RABBIT_PASSWORD@$RABBIT_HOST:5672

Is there a CLI or API call to determine the Rabbit userID, password,
host, and port? I don't have any details about how OpenStack has been
installed - it may have been by an OPNFV Installer, an OpenStack
installer, or some other way. The OpenStack installation may have
multiple controllers. I am looking for an installer-agnostic means of
determining: 1) where Rabbit is installed and running as a service
(rabbit_host); and 2) how to obtain the rabbit UserID and password so I
can configure the transport_url.

I really don't want to resort to pulling the transport URL out of
another service's conf file (nova.conf, keystone.conf, etc).

There is a rabbitmqctl
https://www.rabbitmq.com/man/rabbitmqctl.1.man.html  but that doesn't
have the commands for finding userID, password, host, and port.

Any ideas or other places I should look/ask for help is greatly
appreciated. I've already posted to openstack-dev.

Thanks!