[Openstack-operators] User gets: Requested volume exceeds quota, with 8 volumes in Dashboard

William Josefsson william.josefson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:11:37 UTC 2016

Hi Saverio,

I've been debugging cinder api.log and there are no errors. I believe it is
a horizon (?) issue. All my components are Liberty.

*$ openstack quota show <project id> shows volumes = 8.*

If the user and project are created through the dashboard I do not seem the
problem. It seems like some database value are not correctly populated

Also if I create tenant+cli through CLI, and then Edit project quotas in
the Dashboard, and click Save. Then it works.

I create my project and tenant as:

*$ openstack project create --domain default --description "test project"
test-project*
*$ openstack user create --domain default --password-prompt test-user*
*$ openstack role add --project test-project --user test-user user*

It's really strange, but it seems to be a bug in the GUI, or some DB fields
not getting properly populated when I create my project.

please advice. thx will