[Openstack-operators] Openstack Installation with Vlan Interface.

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon May 25 18:30:18 UTC 2015

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but the service may be using Linux
namespaces, so the interfaces won't be visible when using ifconfig. [1]

Also you didn't say if you are using OVS or Linux bridge? Try some of these
scenarios to see if it gives you ideas. [2]

1.
http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/install_neutron-l3.html
2. http://docs.openstack.org/networking-guide/deploy.html

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 10:56 AM, pra devOPS <siv.devops at gmail.com> wrote:

> All:
>

> I am having problem settinup the network on openstack wiht ml2 plugin.
>
> Below is my configuration.
>
> I have a vlan interface which has a IP 1.2.3.4.
>
> and I have a phsysical interface which is assocaited to that box (that
> does not have an IP).
>

> Below is How they look like
>
> VLAN1 (VLAN )  Physical Device Configuration
> ------------ ----------------------------------
> VLAN=yes TYPE=Ethernet
> TYPE=Vlan BOOTPROTO=dhcp
> PHYSDEV=phynet1 DEFROUTE=yes
> VLAN_ID=1 PEERDNS=yes
> REORDER_HDR=0 PEERROUTES=yes
> BOOTPROTO=static IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no
> DOMAIN=eng.myorg.com IPV6INIT=yes
> DEFROUTE=yes IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes
> IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no IPV6_DEFROUTE=yes
> IPV6INIT=no IPV6_PEERDNS=yes
> IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes IPV6_PEERROUTES=yes
> IPV6_DEFROUTE=yes IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL=no
> IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL=no NAME=phynet1
> NAME=VLAN1 UUID=5ba6c8d1-8fe7-3fec-ae8c-ad67081547dc
> UUID=9cbf88dc-456c-1234-9876-12bece795678 DEVICE=phynet1
> ONBOOT=yes ONBOOT=no
> DEVICE=MyVLAN1
> IPV6_PEERDNS=yes
> IPV6_PEERROUTES=yes
> IPADDR=1.2.3.4
> PREFIX=32
> GATEWAY=1.2.3.1
> DNS1=1.2.9.5
> PEERDNS=yes
> PEERROUTES=yes
>

> I added the br-ex and br-int , And added port VLAN1  to br-ex.
>
> But I dont see the br-ex and br-int interfaces when I do ifconfig.
>
> Can somebody advice how to setup the network on openStack with above
> settings/.
>
> I am kind of stuck.
>
> Thanks,

Anne Gentle