[Openstack-operators] Openstack Installation with Vlan Interface.

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Tue May 26 13:35:16 UTC 2015

Hi again -
We have a few docs that may help.

http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/section_networking-nova.html

http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/yum/content/section_nova-networking.html
you'll need to double-check your settings. You haven't said what Operating
system so I'm pointing to RHEL/Fedora though there is also Ubuntu and SUSE
available.

The image itself could cause this error. Depends on what you're trying to
launch. Let us know more info and we'll keep trying.
Thanks,
Anne

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 7:58 AM, pra devOPS <siv.devops at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Anne,
>
> Thanks Installed using both, But when I tired install using nova network
> it says KVM 3181 unhandled error and system got hung.
>
> Thanks,
> siva
>
> On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Anne Gentle <
> annegentle at justwriteclick.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if this is relevant, but the service may be using Linux
>> namespaces, so the interfaces won't be visible when using ifconfig. [1]
>>
>> Also you didn't say if you are using OVS or Linux bridge? Try some of
>> these scenarios to see if it gives you ideas. [2]
>>
>> 1.
>> http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/install_neutron-l3.html
>> 2. http://docs.openstack.org/networking-guide/deploy.html
>>
>> On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 10:56 AM, pra devOPS <siv.devops at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> All:
>>>

>>> I am having problem settinup the network on openstack wiht ml2 plugin.
>>>
>>> Below is my configuration.
>>>
>>> I have a vlan interface which has a IP 1.2.3.4.
>>>
>>> and I have a phsysical interface which is assocaited to that box (that
>>> does not have an IP).
>>>

>>> Below is How they look like
>>>
>>> VLAN1 (VLAN )  Physical Device Configuration
>>> ------------ ----------------------------------
>>> VLAN=yes TYPE=Ethernet
>>> TYPE=Vlan BOOTPROTO=dhcp
>>> PHYSDEV=phynet1 DEFROUTE=yes
>>> VLAN_ID=1 PEERDNS=yes
>>> REORDER_HDR=0 PEERROUTES=yes
>>> BOOTPROTO=static IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no
>>> DOMAIN=eng.myorg.com IPV6INIT=yes
>>> DEFROUTE=yes IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes
>>> IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no IPV6_DEFROUTE=yes
>>> IPV6INIT=no IPV6_PEERDNS=yes
>>> IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes IPV6_PEERROUTES=yes
>>> IPV6_DEFROUTE=yes IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL=no
>>> IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL=no NAME=phynet1
>>> NAME=VLAN1 UUID=5ba6c8d1-8fe7-3fec-ae8c-ad67081547dc
>>> UUID=9cbf88dc-456c-1234-9876-12bece795678 DEVICE=phynet1
>>> ONBOOT=yes ONBOOT=no
>>> DEVICE=MyVLAN1
>>> IPV6_PEERDNS=yes
>>> IPV6_PEERROUTES=yes