[Openstack-operators] Openstack Installation with Vlan Interface.

pra devOPS siv.devops at gmail.com
Mon May 25 15:56:47 UTC 2015

All:

I am having problem settinup the network on openstack wiht ml2 plugin.

Below is my configuration.

I have a vlan interface which has a IP 1.2.3.4.

and I have a phsysical interface which is assocaited to that box (that does
not have an IP).

Below is How they look like

VLAN1 (VLAN )  Physical Device Configuration
------------ ----------------------------------
VLAN=yes TYPE=Ethernet
TYPE=Vlan BOOTPROTO=dhcp
PHYSDEV=phynet1 DEFROUTE=yes
VLAN_ID=1 PEERDNS=yes
REORDER_HDR=0 PEERROUTES=yes
BOOTPROTO=static IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no
DOMAIN=eng.myorg.com IPV6INIT=yes
DEFROUTE=yes IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no IPV6_DEFROUTE=yes
IPV6INIT=no IPV6_PEERDNS=yes
IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes IPV6_PEERROUTES=yes
IPV6_DEFROUTE=yes IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL=no
IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL=no NAME=phynet1
NAME=VLAN1 UUID=5ba6c8d1-8fe7-3fec-ae8c-ad67081547dc
UUID=9cbf88dc-456c-1234-9876-12bece795678 DEVICE=phynet1
ONBOOT=yes ONBOOT=no
DEVICE=MyVLAN1
IPV6_PEERDNS=yes
IPV6_PEERROUTES=yes
IPADDR=1.2.3.4
PREFIX=32
GATEWAY=1.2.3.1
DNS1=1.2.9.5
PEERDNS=yes
PEERROUTES=yes

I added the br-ex and br-int , And added port VLAN1  to br-ex.

But I dont see the br-ex and br-int interfaces when I do ifconfig.

Can somebody advice how to setup the network on openStack with above
settings/.

I am kind of stuck.