[Openstack-operators] Docker using novadocker vs coreos ?

Christopher Aedo caedo at mirantis.com
Sat Feb 7 01:51:01 UTC 2015

I missed that session in Atlanta but sounds like what you're talking
about is a pretty standard approach on OpenStack.  I think it's a good
way to go.  I've heard little overhead is lost by running the
container host on a VM vs. bare metal, and the advantage is better
tenant isolation (so if for some reason the container host is
compromised, it's not as big a deal as an entire hypervisor being
compromised.)

You also gain a relatively easy way to tie in cinder for additional
block storage.

-Christopher