[Openstack-operators] Monitoring instance resource utilization?

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at digimind.com
Fri May 31 07:26:18 UTC 2013

There are various ways for this :
  - Use of Nagios with Centreon dashboard (for graphing and RRDs) with
NRPE plugin shipped in my VMs (tested, works like a charm)
  - I already tested Canary [1], which is basically a new Nova service
with a Horizon hook. Doesn't fit your need, though, or you would have to
put RRDs per instance
  - the definitely best solution is Ceilometer, but I yet had not time
for testing it.

-Sylvain