[Openstack-operators] Quantum IP

Jacob Godin jacobgodin at gmail.com
Thu May 30 19:13:59 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We have Quantum setup using OVS and namespaces, with a single provider
router and network. We're having a weird problem where nova show <UUID> and
Horizon are displaying duplicate IP addresses for some instances. This
occurs when the private IP addresses of these instances are the same, but
are on different tenants and networks. IE:

Instance A:
Tenant 1
IP 10.0.0.2

Instance B:
Tenant 2
IP 10.0.0.2

If I allocate floating IP from the provider network 1.1.1.1 to the port on
instance A, nova show and horizon will display:
Instance A:
Tenant 1
IP 10.0.0.2
IP 1.1.1.1

Instance B:
Tenant 2
IP 10.0.0.2
IP 1.1.1.1

Any ideas as to why this would be occurring?