[Openstack-operators] nova.projects mysql table getting lost almost *every* day!

Christian Parpart trapni at gmail.com
Tue May 15 08:42:38 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am now in some urgent emergency mode :( - as I wanted to set our
OpenStack trials in stone
and make actually production-use of it.

However, Nova's projects table (sometimes the dns_domains table) is getting
lost almost
every day now.
I have absolutely NO clue what the heck is going on to let mySQL ripp of
this table.
I cannot find anything in /var/log/mysql.* nor in /var/log/nova/*.log that
it was about to drop
any table or do anything special (yet - maybe I am missing something).

However:
root at controller:~# echo 'SHOW TABLES' | mysql nova
agent_builds
aggregate_hosts
aggregate_metadata
aggregates
auth_tokens
block_device_mapping
bw_usage_cache
cells
certificates
compute_nodes
console_pools
consoles
dns_domains
fixed_ips
floating_ips
instance_actions
instance_faults
instance_info_caches
instance_metadata
instance_type_extra_specs
instance_types
instances
iscsi_targets
key_pairs
migrate_version
migrations
networks
projects
provider_fw_rules
quotas
s3_images
security_group_instance_association
security_group_rules
security_groups
services
sm_backend_config
sm_flavors
sm_volume
snapshots
user_project_association
user_project_role_association
user_role_association
users
virtual_interfaces
virtual_storage_arrays
volume_metadata
volume_type_extra_specs
volume_types
volumes
root at controller:~# echo 'DESCRIBE projects' | mysql nova
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'nova.projects' doesn't exist
root at controller:~# ls -l /var/lib/mysql/nova/projects.*
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 8844 May 14 13:40 /var/lib/mysql/nova/projects.frm

the migrations table is empty, and I am running on Ubuntu 12.04 with Essex
OpenStack packages.

Please, can anybody provide me a hint on what the heck is going on here?

Many thanks,
Christian Parpart.