[Openstack-operators] nova.projects mysql table getting lost almost *every* day!

Christian Parpart trapni at gmail.com
Tue May 15 09:07:32 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Christian Parpart <trapni at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am now in some urgent emergency mode :( - as I wanted to set our
> OpenStack trials in stone
> and make actually production-use of it.
>
> However, Nova's projects table (sometimes the dns_domains table) is
> getting lost almost
> every day now.
> I have absolutely NO clue what the heck is going on to let mySQL ripp of
> this table.
> I cannot find anything in /var/log/mysql.* nor in /var/log/nova/*.log that
> it was about to drop
> any table or do anything special (yet - maybe I am missing something).

 [.....]

> root at controller:~# echo 'DESCRIBE projects' | mysql nova

ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'nova.projects' doesn't exist
> root at controller:~# ls -l /var/lib/mysql/nova/projects.*
> -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 8844 May 14 13:40 /var/lib/mysql/nova/projects.frm

[....]

root at controller:~# mysql nova
[...]
mysql> drop table projects;
ERROR 1051 (42S02): Unknown table 'projects'
mysql> create table projects (i integer);
ERROR 1050 (42S01): Table '`nova`.`projects`' already exists

This looks very odd, too.

very distant cross-reference, but maybe it is related to InnoDB's
contraints?