[OpenStack-Infra] Moving DIB to infra

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Fri Mar 17 10:10:38 UTC 2017

On 03/16/2017 11:34 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> I'd also like to be certain the current DIB contributors are
> entirely disinterested in forming a separate official team in
> OpenStack as I doubt the TC would reject such a proposal (I'd
> happily support it).

Assuming "interested" means you had more than a couple of trivial
changes in the last release period would leave a voting group of maybe
5 people [1]?  It seems like a lot of bureaucracy to start up a whole
team for that?

Quite a lot of brain-power seems to have been spent on this so far.
Personally I don't see the difference between TripleO cores who
technically have power but don't use it or infra cores who technically
have power but don't use it.  I'm just finding it hard to find a hook
to engage with the whole thing.  If people feel strongly about moving
it under infra ok, but I'm not sure what difference it makes.

-i

[1] http://stackalytics.com/?module=diskimage-builder&metric=commits&release=ocata