[OpenStack-Infra] [OpenStack-docs] [infra][docs] Steps to migrate docs.o.o to new AFS based server

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Wed Jan 11 04:25:50 UTC 2017

On 11/01/17 12:21, Anne Gentle wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 10:13 PM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org
> <mailto:tom at openstack.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 11/01/17 04:07, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>
>         In case of any problems, please report them as reply to this
>         email or
>         directly on #openstack-infra.
>

>     404 pages are missing styling:
>

> I think I can fix this by setting the css directory
> {% set cssdir = '../common/css/' %}
>

>     eg
>     http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/networking-guide/scenario_legacy_lb.html
>     <http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/networking-guide/scenario_legacy_lb.html>
>

>     Also, getting a ton of 404s in my regular meanderings :) Might be
>     worth pulling the apache logs and re-directing the top 404s to docs
>     that exist today ? Happy to do the analysis if logs can be provided.
>

> Can you further describe regular meanderings? Search, click, or on a
> browser that doesn't have a cleared cache? That'll help troubleshoot
> further - and/or get the logs too.

So, example task I'm doing at the moment is updating the user survey's
list of supported drivers for Neutron. A specific bit of that work is
fixing the relationship between ML2 and the plugins - so working out
whether a driver is an ML2 mechanism driver or not.

Clicking - from https://www.openstack.org/marketplace/drivers/ - more
than a a few links there fail; also wiki pages they link to contain
links that now 404.

Searching - entering search terms like "OpenStack Linux Bridge ML2" into
google, and the first 3 results are all 404s:
docs.openstack.org/kilo/networking-guide/scenario_legacy_lb.html
docs.openstack.org/kilo/networking-guide/deploy_scenario4b.html
docs.openstack.org/mitaka/networking-guide/config-ml2-plug-in.html