[OpenStack-Infra] [OpenStack-docs] [infra][docs] Steps to migrate docs.o.o to new AFS based server

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Wed Jan 11 04:33:40 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 10:25 PM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:

> On 11/01/17 12:21, Anne Gentle wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 10:13 PM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org
>> <mailto:tom at openstack.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 11/01/17 04:07, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>>
>>         In case of any problems, please report them as reply to this
>>         email or
>>         directly on #openstack-infra.
>>

>>     404 pages are missing styling:
>>

>> I think I can fix this by setting the css directory
>> {% set cssdir = '../common/css/' %}
>>

>>     eg
>>     http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/networking-guide/scenario_
>> legacy_lb.html
>>     <http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/networking-guide/scenario_
>> legacy_lb.html>
>>

>>     Also, getting a ton of 404s in my regular meanderings :) Might be
>>     worth pulling the apache logs and re-directing the top 404s to docs
>>     that exist today ? Happy to do the analysis if logs can be provided.
>>

>> Can you further describe regular meanderings? Search, click, or on a
>> browser that doesn't have a cleared cache? That'll help troubleshoot
>> further - and/or get the logs too.
>>

> So, example task I'm doing at the moment is updating the user survey's
> list of supported drivers for Neutron. A specific bit of that work is
> fixing the relationship between ML2 and the plugins - so working out
> whether a driver is an ML2 mechanism driver or not.
>
> Clicking - from https://www.openstack.org/marketplace/drivers/ - more
> than a a few links there fail; also wiki pages they link to contain links
> that now 404.
>
> Searching - entering search terms like "OpenStack Linux Bridge ML2" into
> google, and the first 3 results are all 404s:
> docs.openstack.org/kilo/networking-guide/scenario_legacy_lb.html
> docs.openstack.org/kilo/networking-guide/deploy_scenario4b.html
> docs.openstack.org/mitaka/networking-guide/config-ml2-plug-in.html

These are truly 404s. The file names changed and apparently were available
previously because of the lack of deletion mechanisms automatically along
with no proper redirect.

I think we'll need to carefully update .htaccess for proper redirects to
exact file names to fix this "for real." Anyone else think that's the
solution? I'm a bit too tired to do it accurately tonight, but the lines
are here:
https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/blob/b0eb5baf51098459a873146f059bb6e6340742b0/www/static/.htaccess#L481

Anne